Automatic Medicaid Re-Enrollment Ends April 1st
Beginning April 1st, 2023, the federal Medicaid program is beginning the discontinuance (i.e., unwinding) of the COVID-19 era automatic re-enrollment, meaning you may need to take action to keep your Mississippi Medicaid coverage. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mississippi has not disenrolled most Medicaid members, regardless of eligibility. For some, this comes to an end beginning on April 1st.
Mississippi has opted to roll this out evenly over twelve months, and is trying to prepare Medicaid participants for any action required on their part, and for the potential of losing Medicaid coverage. Mississippi Department of Medicaid (DOM) will begin notifying recipients to the change and to look for renewal forms in the coming months. Ensure your information is up to date at www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered, or calling DOM at 1-800-421-2408. Members who no longer qualify for Medicaid in Mississippi through DOM will be referred to the Healthcare Marketplace for coverage options.
Renewal is typically based on when you first enrolled, however that can change under certain circumstances so be sure to visit www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered to check your renewal status.
What You Need To Do To Prepare:
- Ensure your mailing address, phone number, and email address are up to date by logging into www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered
- Check your mailbox for a letter from DOM about information regarding renewal of coverage or request for information
- Respond promptly to any requests from DOM so eligibility can be determined
Medicaid Orthodontic Insurance & Coverage
Find Great Orthodontic Care w/ Medicaid
At Smile Straight Orthodontics in Meridian, we are committed to helping patients of all ages have the smile they have always wanted. That is why we accept all Medicaid insurance plans in Mississippi through DOM.
Finding a great orthodontist near you that takes Medicaid shouldn’t be difficult. Our conveniently located office on North Hills St. is easily accessible from across Meridian and the surrounding area, and we are currently accepting new patients.
Our doctors provide multiple treatment options including traditional braces, ceramic braces and Invisalign®. We will work with you to create the right orthodontic treatment plan that fits your needs and your budget. Our team is trained in helping you complete all the preauthorization paperwork that is required for orthodontic treatment using Medicaid.
Book an free consultation today at Smile Straight Orthodontics and begin your journey to a better smile!
Mississippi Medicaid Enrollment
- Determine eligibility: The first step is to make sure your child is eligible for Medicaid. In Mississippi, children under the age of 19 may be eligible for Medicaid if their family's income is at or below 194% of the federal poverty level. You can check the income guidelines on the Mississippi Division of Medicaid website.
- Gather necessary documents: You will need to gather certain documents to apply for Medicaid, such as your child's birth certificate, social security number, and proof of income.
- Apply online: You can apply for Medicaid online through the Mississippi Division of Medicaid website. You will need to create an account and complete the application.
- Apply in person: If you prefer, you can also apply for Medicaid in person at a Division of Medicaid Regional Office or a local Department of Human Services office. You can find the nearest office on the Locations Page on the Mississippi Division of Medicaid website.
- Follow up: After you submit your application, you can check its status online or by contacting the Division of Medicaid. You may also need to provide additional information or documentation to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the Mississippi Division of Medicaid at 1-800-421-2408.
Mississippi Medicaid Insurance Plans :
- Mississippi Medicaid
- MississippiCAN (Managed Care Programs)
- Magnolia Health
- Molina Healthcare
Find more information & to see the complete list of Mississippi Medicaid Services HERE